Lockdown: Son of Army General’s attacks FCTA Enforcement Team.

A self-acclaimed son to a Nigerian Army General on Wednesday attacked and obstructed operations of the Enforcement Team working for the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) at Dutse.

The young man in his early 30s, who simply identified himself as John Dibal, was said to have arrived one of the checkpoints at Dutse Alhaji, in an ash color Tundra Truck, and unruly challenged a combined team of security agencies that flagged him down.

The Divisional Police officer of Dutse, Mr. Hussein Audu, who was supervising the operation there, said the young man arrived the check and refused to identify himself, claiming that the police cannot interrupt his movement because he is an Army General’s son.

Audu stated that instead of the young man to properly pull out of the road for interrogation, he blocked the checkpoint with his truck, unleashed verbal attacks on the officers, and also created several minutes of traffic chaos.

According to him, while Dibal finally disembarked from the vehicle, instead of paying attention to the enforcement officers interrogating him, he bluntly rebuffed all entreaties and resorted to making phone calls, purportedly to unknown soldiers to come for his rescue.

Dibal, who was detained at the spot, till the arrival of a reinforcement team, said he had no intention of attacking the enforcement team, but became enraged after they allegedly refused to allow him to exit the checkpoint like other motorists.

He claimed he initially refused to come out of the vehicle for fear of accidental discharge from the security officers’ gun, as they were armed to the teeth.

He further stressed that he actually told the police officer who flagged him down, that his uncle, an unnamed Army General is bereaved in Kaduna and has sent him to Abuja to make some contacts for the burial.

He also claimed ignorant of the total lockdown order that subsists in Abuja, saying that there was freedom of movement from Kaduna where he came from.

Meanwhile, the enforcement team had sent Jim to FCT Command for further investigation and prosecution. (Daily Independent)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *